Monday, May 14, 2012

how it's going...

I can tell from my little settings board that many of you have been checking back to get pictures and updates since gotcha day.  These next two are, no kidding, the only two pictures I've taken.

I know...ridiculous!  It's going great, she is super sweet and loves being able to play and roll around and be held.  However, it is MUCH more like the newborn fog days than I anticipated!  She's one!  :)  You'd think the learning curve on baby #3 would be better...:)  I'm learning what she means with her various noises, the schedule of what she needs, when she wants up, when she wants down, when she's complaining, when she's happy, when she needs more attention and when she needs less...a lot like a newborn...except this one can smile and roll!  This kid has gone from being able to roll some to MOVING!!!!  She can almost crawl-not consciously but has done it several times unconsciously, and she can roll and scoot and turn at least twice as fast as she could on Friday!  She also has decided that she had enough of sleeping in the orphanage, so the first few nights she was sleeping about 7 hours at night with a wake up for a bottle in the middle, and a two hour nap, and then a 30 minute nap.  Whew!  This mama is TIRED!  She did sleep straight from 10:15 until 7 this morning, and I slept almost as much (hence the reason for any update at all!)  so I feel MUCH better today. 

I say all that to say that it is going great, and it's wonderful for me to be able to figure out these things now before I'm home with all three.  She is a very happy baby and is eating well, and I'm figuring out bottle feeding and puree and what she likes and doesn't like.  So far, everything but oatmeal baby cereal and squash!  Not too bad.  I put a comforter on the floor and she plays there (but don't say that to people here...she will surely get pnemonia since I have her on the floor with air conditioning and no hat...nevermind that it's in the mid-80's here this week!)  She has learned so much already and loves all the attention.  We're co-sleeping for now so she makes sure she's touching me at all times in the night, which is sweet.  The first day or so she would wake up to make sure that I was still there, then go back to sleep, but now she just sleeps.  I think that's a good sign! 

Anyway, I feel like this is sporadic and kind of random, but my brain is so, so tired, so it will do for now!  Hope to update more as we get HOME and come out of the fog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment