Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We're waiting until the Orthodox Easter, which is next week. I have legos and my little ponies and chocolate bunnies, so it should be a fun day! We'll also put together our basket and take it to church on Saturday night to be blessed by the priest...more on that later!
Thea was in a great mood when we first got her, but got very serious after a few minutes outside. I am pretty sure that being outside overwhelms her little self since it appears to be something completely new to her. Her eyes water and she ends up going to sleep after about 30-40 minutes each time. But, today we tried the swing (holding her in since they don't have baby swings) and she loved it!
Maeve asked for this picture
Hmm...my pictures appear to be warped. I don't know why that is, but you get the general idea!
Happiest girl! We...and she I think, have discovered that she is ticklish on her belly and even if you barely tickle her she giggles and giggles.
First of many times on daddy's shoulders. Please pray for my back. I pulled it somehow and wasn't able to hold her easily today. Honestly though, sometimes it's nice for someone else to hold her and me to get to interact with her!
Zonked! Today she was looking at me, then shut her eyes and snored one second later. Instant sleep! So cute.
I took pictures today of our house and our walk from the house to the orphanage, but that will have to wait for tomorrow because Chris needs to use the computer for work. We forgot the camera, but today we made our first group trip into town for some much needed activity. We found a pizza place with nothing the girls would eat (their pizza sauce here is sweet? I don't know why that is, but I have to admit...kind of gross) but they did have a play room with climbing equipment. So fun! Then we went to McDonalds since the girls hadn't been since our one visit in Kiev for fries and ice cream. Grocery store ice cream here is really awful, and I'm not picky about ice cream! So, a big treat. We had a great night, and it was nice to be out.
In other really big news, we got our court date today, but there are some issues with government shutting down for holidays and such. We will hold out on any more info until after tomorrow when we hope to know more. In the meantime, please pray that we get done sooner rather than later. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment