Thursday, March 29, 2012

Appointment done!

First, a few things from the last few days.  E requested to sew berrykins from Strawberry Shortcake.  This required finding a fabric store and managing to buy fabric in meters.  A little different from Joanns!  But, she's been happily sewing, and I love any kind of fabric store, so it's good.  Here she's working on her stuff, and I'm working on Thea's sweater.  I've already smocked her first birthday dress...we have a lot of time in the apartment.  :)
 It snowed the other day...the best kind.  Snowed for one day and it was gone by morning.  It was enough to play in, but not enough to stop anything.  Great.  This is from our balcony.
 C took the girls outside to play in the snow.  We actually had everything so that they could play in the snow and not get cold! 




 They also went to the circus.  We've been taking turns doing activities and sleeping and having our own time...my time with them just happened to be not-picture-worthy, and/or I sent the camera with C to take pictures of famous stuff.  Which he didn't, but it ends up that I still didn't have the camera!
 This was the most note-worthy thing...a tutu wearing kangaroo!
 They also got to ride horses

 This is from today-all the families who had their appointment today (which all went well) and the staff
 The official youngest picture of Thea.  It looks kind of sad to me, but I'm glad to have it.  We don't know when it was taken, but she looks long to me!  It must have been summer because of the way she's dressed...they definitely over bundle here!  She still looks redheaded to me.  I kind of hope so!
The news from our appointment was great!  We were first of the three families today, and it was no big deal at all.  They asked us a couple of questions, and they all wanted to know if the girls were twins....not different from home there!  Poor E, I remember being oldest and hearing that question everyday.  They liked our photo book and asked about everyone in it.  They asked us a couple of basic questions, but it wasn't anything unexpected, and they seemed satisfied with our answers.

We leave early Sunday morning and have a five hour train ride.  Monday morning we should get to talk to the director, do paperwork, and meet our girl!  The best news is that we have a private house that's just a three minute walk from the orphanage.  Lots of people have a long drive every time they go, so being so close is amazing!  They also think it will be fine for the girls to visit.  We can't wait until Monday!

Just a minute ago, so I don't forget...it is really funny that our kids talk in any other language.  People here speak Russian and Ukrainian (and almost none speak English-much different from Chisinau), but the girls have been saying things in French and counting in Spanish, and M is just kind of babbling and telling us what it "means".  Funny kids!

In other news, my grandfather is in the hospital.  It's hard to know exactly what is going on since we are so far away and not on a phone, but it appears he had a stroke.  Please pray for our family as they try to decide what to do to help him best, and for his doctors to be able to figure out what's going on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment