Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thea day two...under the weather

 Today when we went for our morning visit with Thea, she felt hot when they handed her to me.  They told us to wait a few minutes and they would feed her and bring her back, but as soon as the nurse had her she realized how hot she was.  I am not allowed in her room because it's sterilized, but I can watch from the door.  I saw the nurse get a thermometer and my girl was unhappy with it under her arm.  Then another nurse left and came back with the doctor who checked Thea out and said she had a cold.  She went to the doctor this morning, so since that doctor didn't say anything about it they're guessing it's from being out in the cold this morning.  People here think every sickness is probably from not wearing a hat...  :)

They wouldn't let us have time with her, which was very sad for all of us but especially hard on my biggest girl.  She was pretty much a wreck about it.  So sad.  They asked for us to go to the pharmacy and get some medicine-I assume it was something like tylenol and ibuprofen.  We left for about an hour and a half, bought time for our modem, got medicine, changed money, and bought some groceries since we had the wagon.  I wonder if people here think all people in the US use a collapsible wagon when they go out?!  We love that thing.  I also bought diapers since the orphanage was out...scored major points for bringing back two big packs.  Which was good, because they let me have almost an hour with baby girl.

I hated that C and the girls missed time with her, but it was kind of nice to get 45 minutes with her alone too.  She was so glad to see me and reached for me immediately with a big smile.  I brought a book with crunchy pages (thanks Gigi!) and she loved it!  There was a little snake that stuck out that she kept grabbing and pulling towards her mouth.

I like this one...all of these were me putting her in the chair and holding her with one hand and my giant camera with the other, so I didn't get many.  This and another one didn't load right, but you get the idea.

 Sweet girl!  I put this one on facebook too.  She was feeling better and did not have a fever when I had her.  She does have a busted lip, and did yesterday too.  I am wondering if it's actually busted or just worn out from constantly being sucked on.
 I tried to take a picture of her while she was in my lap, but she grabbed the strap and kept trying to pull it to her mouth while I was taking her picture!  Everything is headed that way now!  No teeth yet, but I kind of wonder if that's what her fever was.
Please pray that she feels better soon and that the girls and C and I can visit soon.  It's hard to be so close to her and not be able to see her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment